Ansel Adams captured the majesty of the American landscape in the 20th century, and inspired millions with his creative interpretation of the natural scene. Many of the photographs he made are readily accessible, it’s just a matter of knowing where to look. Download the Find Your Ansel App to get started.
- Are you an Ansel Adams Fan and an avid traveler?
- Is exploring beautiful destinations of the locations Ansel Adams made his photographs on your bucket list?
- Or, you are wondering if there is an App Out There That Help You Find Ansel Adams Photography Locations?
- Do you ask yourself “Where was that Ansel Adams photo made?!
- This Ansel Adams app ignites inspiration and helps you explore the greatest places photographed by globally recognized photographer Ansel Adams.
Find Your Ansel indicates the general area of many images, and allows you to explore and find a scene that inspires you. You can use Find Your Ansel photography app for travelers to post your images along with Ansel’s, to see and show your source of inspiration and your creation. The app has maps of Ansel Adams images by regions, which can come in handy when you’re looking for ansel adams photo locations near you. Having a good time Exploring? Spread the word with a review!
Download the “Find Your Ansel” App Now
(iOS) Apple App Store or (Android) Google Play
How to Use the Find Your Ansel App:
- Explore interactive map with pins in places for Ansel Adams photograph locations
- Discover locations in Yosemite National Park, California Coast, Grand Canyon, Death Valley, and many more
- Share your photos with friends and other fans of Ansel Adams on social media
- View different Ansel Adams albums and find artwork you can purchase by location
When Using the Find Your Ansel App—
Leave No Trace
When Ansel was photographing these locations, generally between 60 and 90 years ago, there were not many people around. Today it is different, sites are easily overwhelmed, and each person needs to be mindful that their own visit can negatively impact the site for visitors for years. The effort you make to Leave No Trace:
- Stay on existing trails
- Pack it in / pack it out
- Observe, photograph, enjoy, but leave it alone, will help protect these spectacular places for future visitors
Guidance v. Directions
This app can guide you to approximately where Ansel was to take the photograph selected. Finding the exact location is part of the fun, dependent on clues within Ansel’s photograph. We recommend exploring the neighborhood to find the photo spot before zooming in. FIND Your Ansel !
This app does not provide directions or route maps. Getting to a point requires your own ingenuity and planning, and the most direct route may not be the safest, wisest, or most scenic. We encourage everyone to explore their surroundings with an eye to safety first, then appreciating the natural beauty [and consideration for the environment] [and consideration for other visitors]. Ansel made the photograph he did from the place he did, not necessarily because of anything specific about THAT spot, rather that was where conditions that he experienced on THAT day told him that was the place to set up his camera. In the intervening years and seasons, from that day to the day you visit, things have changed and single pointed focus on the place Ansel made his photograph may lead you to miss something wonderful. Find YOUR Ansel !
Download Map Regions!
Most of the places Ansel photographed have limited, if any, network internet access. Key features of this app require information readily available online, or for that information to be already on your device. Before you head out on your hike, be sure to download the relevant Region. Failure to do so will result in frustration and disappointment. To do this, enter the map region desired and touch the download icon on the top right of the screen. When it is gray, the map region has been downloaded and you are ready to go ! The current Regions are: Yosemite, The Range of Light, California, and Desert Southwest. Each Region is limited to 15 images due to downloadable file size constraints. Some Regions may overlap because of that. Additional Regions will be available as developed, and may be entirely new regions or may supplement existing regions with additional images.
Enable Functions While Using App
Enable access to camera and camera roll in order to save and upload your photos. Enable location services while using app in order to be able to see your location in relation to Ansel’s tripod holes.
Find Your Ansel App FAQ—
1. Why can’t I see any of Ansel’s photos when I am on my hike?
Make sure you have downloaded the region which has the images that you are hiking to before you go, and that you remain logged in to the app. Logging into your account on the app requires an internet connection.
2. I can’t see any of the albums when I am offline and don’t know how to download them.
The albums are not currently downloadable.